Originally shared by Ingress
The Alliance of the Vanguards is seeking members!
What is the Alliance of the Vanguards?
Think of it as Niantic's version of an Ingress Ambassador Program.
What is an Ambassador Program?
Ambassadors, or Vanguards as we are calling them, are a group of compensated volunteers that perform various duties on behalf of, and in coordination with, Niantic, Inc. and the Ingress Global Community Manager.
What must a Vanguard do?
1) Act as an official sounding board and provide feedback on various things ranging from marketing ideas to software features.
2) Engage with and share content from the Ingress account.
3) Create content that the Ingress account can re-share and engage with.
4) Identify new Ambassadors
5) Support other programs like the Trusted Reporters, Embedded Reporters, etc.
Various levels of participation will earn various rewards. These range from custom bio cards to a trip to San Francisco once a year for a Vanguard summit.
What's the criteria to be selected? You must be:
1) level 8 or above.
2) passionate about Ingress.
3) an active Agent.
4) a veteran of at least one Anomaly in the last two years.
5) able to read, speak and write English.
What's the legal catch?
1) You'll be expected to sign an agreement that includes a non-disclosure agreement and other release forms.
2) Vanguards must be at least 18 years old.
3) Vanguards must be residents of countries where Ingress has been officially released.
4) Void where prohibited by law.
Do you have more information about this program?
The At-A-Glance document can be found here: https://goo.gl/TKje3W
How do you apply?
Fill out the application form here: https://goo.gl/4teCKH. The application process will end on September 15th. Vanguards will be notified by October 1st (or sooner) if they have been selected.