Share your comments and ideas on the original post.
Originally shared by Avinash Kaushik
My latest blog post contains 15 before-after examples with the goal of teaching how to tell better stories with data.
It's Not The Ink, It's The Think: 6 Effective Data Visualization Strategies https://goo.gl/wgfsyt
The post opens with why I believe most work by Analysts dies at the last mile, here are rules that follow:
1. Rebel against crapification via cluttering.
2. Don't fragment data, don't forget higher order bits.
3. Obsess with deleting information provided.
4. Don't run away, make the tough choices.
5. So what? So What?? So WHAT!
6. Shift your worldview to your client's.
+ But Wait, There's More! (Bonus Items)
I also have two examples that I invite you to fix and tell a better story with data! I'll post the best entries back to the post.
Please participate. Comment on the blog, https://goo.gl/wgfsyt, with your ideas, and send me your better after versions. Thanks.